Sunday, June 19, 2011

Patio-Oh

Today was excavation day!  After a late late start - my bobcat guy had his trailer stolen overnight so we got started more than two hours late - we were off.  For a mere $320, I had my entire area excavated, with lilac roots and footings dug up.  I supervised and took photos. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it.

Time to get started!

The first dig!

Grandpa overseeing the progress

Look, he found a footing! I think it was from the old clothes pole.

Just about done!

Tux and Katsa, making sure everything is done correctly

Added some paint to "visualize"

Looking from the sidewalk

What the patio will eventually look like....

Up next - material delivery tomorrow and building on Wednesday and Thursday!  With any luck, by Thursday afternoon I'll be enjoying a glass of wine on my finished patio!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've succeeded after a rough day of overseeing! Perhaps you've missed your true calling?! I can't wait to see the finished results and more than that, I can't wait to join you for a drink while admiring the fruits of your labor! ;)

    ReplyDelete